Results from Keystone Big Mountain Enduro and Triple Bypass bike race
Big Mountain Enduro series at Keystone
July 11-12 at Keystone Resort (second event of the four-event Big Mountain Enduro series). The next race in the open series takes place in Crested Butte over the weekend starting July 31 to Aug. 2. Registration is now open online.
For complete results, see http://www.bigmountainenduro.com.
1. Jared Graves — Yeti/Fox Shox Factory Race Team, Colorado
2. Richie Rude — Yeti/Fox Shox Factory Race Team, Colorado
3. Curtis Keene — Specialized/SRAM/Red Bull, California
4. Nate Hills, Keystone — SRAM/Yeti Cycles/Smith Optics, Colorado
5. Austin Hackett-Klaube — Santa Cruz/Novik Gloves/Fox MTB, Colorado
1. Alyson Cockrell — NORSki, Colorado
2. Heather Irmiger — Trek Factory, Colorado
3. Krista Park — Stan’s NoTubes Enduro Race Team, Colorado
4. Rachel Throop — SRAM/Ergo/Kenda Tire, California
5. Leigh Bowe — Colowrowdy, Colorado
Triple Bypass bike race
July 11-12 in the Central Rocky Mountains. The race covered 120 miles and over 10,000 feet of combined elevation gain over three of Colorado’s high-mountain passes. The ride began July 11 in Evergreen and headed west, crossing Juniper Pass (11,140 feet) and Loveland Pass (11,990 feet) before traversing Summit County on the way to Vail Pass (10,560 feet) and the finish line in Avon.
More than 5,000 riders participated in the event this year, which now lasts two days and has raised more than $500,000 for Colorado-based nonprofits in the last three years alone. The second ride on July 12 was an optional return route to Evergreen, now dubbed the “Double Triple Bypass” and made only for the toughest cyclists. Photographer David Gidley was on the route to catch the sights.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.