Results from Runners Roost Invite track meet and final Frisco Bubble Gum ski race
SUMMIT VS. EAGLE VALLEY — BOY’S LACROSSE, MARCH 25
A boy’s varsity lacrosse game hosted by Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum on March 25. Unlike other sports, Eagle Valley lacrosse is not part of the 4A Western Slope. The Tigers lost in four quarters to go 0-3 on the season and 0-1 in the 4A Slope.
Summit vs. Eagle Valley
Score 1Q 2Q 3Q 4Q Final
Summit 1 1 1 2 5
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
Eagle Valley 4 4 0 1 9
RUNNERS ROOST INVITATIONAL — SUMMIT HS TRACK AND FIELD, MARCH 25
The second track-and-field meet of the regular high school season, hosted at Fort Collins High School by the school and local Runners Roost shop. The full track event drew more than 400 male and female athletes from 19 high schools across the region, including Northern Colorado and Wyoming.
800m run, girl’s
1. McKenna Ramsay, Summit High School — 2:21.47
2. Emily Gallegos-Francksen, Wheat Ridge High School — 2:22.49
3. Claire Gillett, Niwot High School — 2:31.98
4. Ruthie Boyd, Summit High School — 2:32.33
5. Noelle Resignolo, Summit High School — 2:33.27
1,600m run, girl’s
1. Lily Tomasula-Martin, Estes Park High School — 5:26.83
2. Aubrey Frentheway, Cheyenne Central High School — 5:30.96
3. DiAnna Rowe, Greeley West High School — 5:35.34
4. Ruthie Boyd, Summit High School — 5:37.32
4x400m relay, girl’s
1. Fort Collins High School — 4:05.41
2. Mead High School — 4:12.07
3. Platte Valley High School — 4:12.63
4. Summit High School (McKenna Ramsay, Jessica Horii, Megan McDonnell, Ruthie Boyd) — 4:15.64
Summit highlights, girl’s (listed by place)
5. 100m dash, McKenna Ramsay — 13.03
8. 400m dash, Noelle Resignolo — 1:06.2
8. 4x200m relay (Kate Tomlinson, Brooke Tomlinson, Katie Mason, Megan McDonnell) — 1:58.68
400m dash, boy’s
1. Jordan Cherin, Shinint Mountain Waldorf High School — 50.16
2. Josh Gregory, Eaton High School — 50.47
3. Cameron Castro, Fort Collins High School — 51.07
4. Nate Martin, Summit High School — 52.37
Summit highlights, boy’s (listed by place)
8. 800m run, Logan Ramsay — 2:12.2
5. 4x400m relay (Nate Martin, Logan Ramsay, Ben Jorgenson, Daniel Keller) — 3:41.48
8. 4x200m relay (Daniel Keller, Nate Martin, Ben Jorgenson, Logan Ramsay) — 1:37.67
FRISCO BUBBLE GUM RACE SERIES FINALE — MARCH 28
The final event of Frisco’s family-friendly Bubble Gum Race Series took place on March 28 at the Frisco Adventure Park, drawing more than 30 young skiers and more than a few parents for a parallel slalom on a calm afternoon. Frisco Mayor Gary Wilkinson (a veteran of the local ski club scene) was there to hand out bubble gum, present awards and, yes, even take a run through the course.
Not sure how it works? The format was simple: Instead of racing against a clock, skiers and snowboarders went head-to-head on the slalom course for pieces of bubble gum. The better the result, the more gum the racers received, and the person with the most at the end of the afternoon took home bragging rights, plus plenty of Double Bubble.
There are no results per se, just photos from the happenings. Enjoy.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User