Still no suspect in weekend shooting of Hodge
DENVER Authorities said Monday they still had not identified any suspects in the weekend shooting of Denver Nuggets rookie guard Julius Hodge.Hodge, 22, was released from a hospital Sunday, a day after he was shot three times in the legs while driving on Interstate 76 in north Denver.The team has said he could return to play in two to three weeks.The Adams County Sheriffs Department said the shooting is still under investigation.Investigators said Hodge had been at the Paladium, a Denver nightclub, where he had met with hip-hop artist Juelz Santana. Deputies and a Paladium manager said there had been no trouble in the bar.Hodge was driving on I-76 at about 2 a.m. when another car pulled alongside his and someone inside fired into Hodges car, deputies said. A passenger with Hodge suffered minor injuries.Deputies said the passenger, whose name wasnt released, flagged down a woman driving another vehicle, who took the pair to a hospital.In his only public statement since the shooting, Hodge thanked the still-unidentified motorist who took him to the hospital and said he would like to meet her.Im feeling good, keeping my spirits up and looking forward to wearing a Nuggets uniform again, Hodge said in release issued by the team.Denver drafted Hodge out of North Carolina State in the first round last year. He was recalled from the NBAs developmental league last month after Earl Boykins broke his hand. In 14 games with the Nuggets, he is averaging 0.9 points and 2.4 minutes.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.