Summit Scoreboard: Results from the Breck 100, Frisco Tri and Breck Film Fest tennis tourney
Courage Classic bike tour
The annual bike tour fundraiser for Children’s Hospital Colorado from July 18-20 drew more than 2,000 cyclists, who raised $2 million (and counting) for children battling cancer, leukemia and other life-threatening diseases. The tour wasn’t timed and, instead, took participants on scenic rides to Leadville, Avon and throughout Summit County. And, they did it all through a mix of sun, rain and wind, finally giving way to clear skies for a fireworks show over Copper Mountain the night of July 19.
Keystone Uphill/Downhill mountain bike time trial
A funky mountain bike race judged on the combined time of a 5-mile uphill and 5-mile downhill, held July 15 on Suz’s Cruise (uphill) and portions of the Keystone bike park (downhill). The third race in the Summit Mountain Challenge series. For complete results, see http://www.mavsports.com.
1. Kelly Magelky — 47:41, Honey Stinger/Bontrager
2. Leland Turner — 48:29, Avalanche Sports
3. Josh Bezecny — 48:46, Honey Stinger/Bontrager
1. Sydney Fox — 59:44, Breck Bike Guides
2. Amy Freeman — 59:48, Wilderness Sports
Junior boys (13-15 years)
1. Cooper Orr — 1:01:34, Summit Velo Jr.
2. Sam Austin — 1:01:57, Boneshaker Cycles
3. Oliver Trowbridge — 1:04:59, Summit Velo Jr.
Junior girls (13-15 years)
1. Madigan Munro — 1:18:30, Team GO
2. Aislin Wehrman — 1:22:01, Summit Velo Jr.
3. Jazlyn Smith — 1:22:11, Summit Velo Jr.
Clydesdale (200-plus pounds)
1. Lee Hewitt — 1:03:31
2. Matthew Blevins — 1:09:05, Twins Peak Racing
3. Jeremy Barry — 1:10:11, Mad Racing
Breckenridge 100 mountain bike race
The 11th running of an ultra-endurance mountain bike race, with three loops split between Wheeler Pass, the Colorado Trail and Boreas Pass to Como. Included three distances (32, 68 and 100 milers) and a relay category. For complete results, see http://www.warriorscycling.com.
Male pro open (100 miles)
1. Zach Guy — 8:39:02, Griggs Orthopedics
2. Cameron Brenneman — 8:41:43, Bike N Sport Racing/Specialized/Magura
3. Tyler Lideen — 8:41:55, Pivot Cycles/Mavic/92Fifty
Female pro open (100 miles)
1. Laureen Coffelt — 12:39:23, NiteRider/Los Locos
Male pro open (68 miles)
1. Bryan Dillan — 5:23:42, Griggs Orthopedics
2. Kelly Magelky — 5:37:52, Honey Stinger/Bontrager
3. David Krimstock — 5:41:05, Basalt Bike and Ski
Female pro open (68 miles)
1. Susan Adamkovics — 7:43:32, BRC Real Estate/Primal Wear
Male pro open (32 miles)
1. Josh Bezecny — 2:33:23, Honey Stinger/Bontrager
2. Anthony Iannacito — 2:35:12, Rocky Mountain Racing
3. Brady Smith — 2:36:36
Female pro open (32 miles)
1. Michelle Slingsby — 3:18:53, BRC Real Estate/Primal Wear
1. Team Ergon Bike — 8:38:27 (Jeff Kerkove, Yuki Ikeda, Karen Jarchow)
2. Team Relish/Twist — 10:15:20, Randy Lemere, Thomas Messerschmitt, Matt Fackler)
3. Team Rocky Mountain Racing/T’Ain’t No Thing — 11:48:07 (Maura McGovern, Megan Greenlee, Rachel Fisherkeller)
Breckenridge Film Festival Tennis Tournament
The 30th annual benefit tournament held July 11 under perfect blue skies at the Breckenridge Recreation Center tennis courts. A full roster of players competed in a mixed doubles format, hosted by tennis professionals John O’Conner and Jim Skeffington. Organizers send a special thanks to the Town of Breckenridge for court time for the tournament, the Breckenridge Recreation Center staff and Rae Anderson, who volunteered countless hours to make the event successful over the year.
Congratulations to our winners.
1. Sue Rochford and Tim Boulay
2. Sandi Beard and Ryan Murphey
3. Kathy Grotemeyer and Rogers Brewbaker
4. Cheryl Toth and Peter Taylor
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
As a Summit Daily News reader, you make our work possible.
Now more than ever, your financial support is critical to help us keep our communities informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having on our residents and businesses. Every contribution, no matter the size, will make a difference.
Your donation will be used exclusively to support quality, local journalism.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User