Back pain mistakes and back-friendly advice
August 15, 2016
Exercise is a great way to manage many kinds of back pain. Just make sure you're doing it right!
Mistake: Jumping into exercise can aggravate pain.
Fix: Warm up a little longer. Ease into physical activity.
Mistake: If abdominal crunches alone make up your strength routine, a weak back may accompany your six-pack.
Fix: Support your back with strong muscles in the stomach, hips, and thighs. Visit the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (aaos.org) and search for "low back pain exercise guide."
Mistake: Do you hop off the treadmill and into the shower? You're missing the best part.
Recommended Stories For You
Fix: Take ample time to stretch when your muscles are warm. You'll improve elasticity in tight areas.
Brought to you by Kaiser Permanente
Trending In: Thrive
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced