How to motivate your partner without sounding like a nag
August 15, 2016
You want to run but your buddy is done? Consider this advice for encouraging an unmotivated partner, constructively.
- Make sure the activity is something you both still enjoy.
- Place high value on the relationship. Convey an attitude that says, I want to be with you, whatever that looks like.
- Revisit positive memories of a shared activity.
- Suggest something completely new. Instead of hiking, try dancing.
- Examine why the lack of motivation is getting under your skin. Is it about meeting your goals together or trying to change your partner?
- Instead of making assumptions, ask open-ended questions, such as "What would motivate you?"
Brought to you by Kaiser Permanente.
Trending In: Thrive
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)