How to motivate your partner without sounding like a nag
August 15, 2016
You want to run but your buddy is done? Consider this advice for encouraging an unmotivated partner, constructively.
- Make sure the activity is something you both still enjoy.
- Place high value on the relationship. Convey an attitude that says, I want to be with you, whatever that looks like.
- Revisit positive memories of a shared activity.
- Suggest something completely new. Instead of hiking, try dancing.
- Examine why the lack of motivation is getting under your skin. Is it about meeting your goals together or trying to change your partner?
- Instead of making assumptions, ask open-ended questions, such as "What would motivate you?"
Brought to you by Kaiser Permanente.
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- After surprise reunion with estranged mother, Katie Uhlaender finishes 13th
- Vail is implementing new short-term regulations in March. Here’s what is required
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live