I-70 delays mounting as masses head to the High Country
September 3, 2016
Delays on Saturday for motorists heading west on Interstate 70 into the High Country are mounting, transportation officials say.
By noon, the Colorado Department of Transportation was warning travelers to expect to spend an extra hour traveling from C-470 to the Eisenhower Tunnel. That was up from a 45-minute delay reported earlier in the day.
Cheap gas prices are expected to boost Labor Day weekend travel as revelers pursue a last blast of summer fun before autumn weather begins.
For the full text of this story visit The Denver Post website.
Trending In: Weather
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs