Runaway truck flies up safety ramp off Interstate 70, driver unharmed
August 29, 2016
A truck was forced to take the runaway ramp on westbound Interstate 70 Monday afternoon after losing its brakes coming down from the Eisenhower Tunnel.
The driver was unharmed, but an axle on his vehicle broke, delaying the process of removing it from the ramp. According to a Colorado State Patrol officer on the scene, the summer months see more runaways than usual — about two or three per month.
Trending In: Weather
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Developer blasts Silverthorne town council after Hudson Park Lofts project falls through
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Frisco town manager announces resignation effective Oct. 9