Runaway truck flies up safety ramp off Interstate 70, driver unharmed
August 29, 2016
A truck was forced to take the runaway ramp on westbound Interstate 70 Monday afternoon after losing its brakes coming down from the Eisenhower Tunnel.
The driver was unharmed, but an axle on his vehicle broke, delaying the process of removing it from the ramp. According to a Colorado State Patrol officer on the scene, the summer months see more runaways than usual — about two or three per month.
Trending In: Weather
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape