Summit County roads: Eastbound Interstate 70 at Silverthorne now open after closure
January 11, 2017
UPDATE: OPEN- EB I-70 at Silverthorne, MM 205, following safety closure. Chain and traction laws in effect.
UPDATE, 5:28 p.m.: Multiple I-70 Safety Closures in both directions between Vail and Georgetown due to adverse winter conditions and multiple spun out vehicles. I-70 EB is closed at Vail and at Silverthorne. I-70 WB is closed at Georgetown and at Copper Mountain. No estimated time for reopening.
UPDATE: Eastbound I-70 is now open.
CDOT reports at 3:25 p.m., I-70 eastbound is closed at milemarker 213 at the Eisenhower Tunnel due to an accident east of the tunnel. There are several jackknifed semis on the road, and there is no estimated time of reopening.
I-70 eastbound at milemarker 241 East Idaho Springs is open following the rollover crash.
Trending In: Weather
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne